Curry roasted chickpeas have been a long time favorite of mine and I always bring a bag of these with me when I’m backpacking, camping, or on a long road trip. The ginger, cayenne and lime zest give these a refreshing bite, while the garlic, coriander and curry come in for that earthy balance.
The beauty about this recipe is that you can adjust the spices to your liking. I always add extra cayenne, but you can totally omit this if you’re not a fan of spice. You can even make an entirely different flavor all together!
The method for roasting these chickpeas is super simple. I definitely encourage you to experiment with different flavor profiles. Try cinnamon and sugar for a more desert chickpea, or roasted garlic and rosemary for a warm, savory snack.
For Curry Roasted Chickpeas you will need:
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Zest
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Drain and rinse chickpeas through a mesh strainer.
- Spread out a dry kitchen towel on a flat surface and spread wet chickpeas across it evenly. Lay another dry kitchen towel on top of the chickpeas and gently roll to remove the excess moisture.
- If you have time, let the chickpeas air dry for 30 minutes. The drier the chickpeas the crispier they will be!
- Spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick surface (like a silicon baking mat)
- Bake the chickpeas for 30-40 minutes (If you’re planning on eating them right away, you can take them out and serve immediately. If you would like them to keep their crispiness for 3-5 days they need to dehydrate completely. To do this, turn off the oven and let the chickpeas cool down inside the oven. about 1-2 hours.)
- Store curry roasted chickpeas in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
If you made a batch of curry roasted chickpeas then let us know how they turned out! Did you follow the recipe or did you put your own twist on it?
If you liked this recipe you’ll want to check out my article on 5 easy vegan hiking snacks!
Pin This Recipe For Later