Making your own vegan granola couldn’t be easier. I love baking up a big batch of this mix and sprinkling it on vegan chia pudding or plant-based yogurt. It lasts about 3 weeks in the pantry, but if you’re like me, it will be gone way before the expiration date.
This vegan granola mix is packed with rich, warm flavors and a satisfying crunchy texture. It’s ideal for backpacking breakfasts and it makes for a great vegan hiking snack. It’s packed with protein, carbohydrates and a million other great nutrients that are essential for hiking.
You can use any nuts you’d like, but I prefer almonds because they roast nicely and bring out a toasty flavor throughout the mix. Maple syrup will give the vegan granola a slight sweetness that pairs well with the sea salt.
The Best Vegan Granola
½ cup chopped raw almonds
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until evenly mixed
3. Spread the granola mix onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes
4. Toss the granola halfway through
5. Remove and let the granola mix cool completely
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to one year!
Did you make this vegan granola? Did you change up the ingredients? Let everyone know in the comments below!